Everyone loves a good pulled pork sandwich. But this is simply the best one you will ever try. The bacon slaw makes it amazing.
8 hrs 30 mins
- FOR THE BBQ PULLED PORK
1 (96oz / 6lbs) boneless pork shoulder roast
2 cups tomato sauce
¼ cup diced onions
8 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
2 tbsp coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- FOR THE WILTED BACON COLESLAW
2 cups shredded green and/or red cabbage
2 strips bacon, cut into small dice
2 tbsp avocado oil
1½ tbsp coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- Double batch round Keto Buns
- Place the pork roast in a slow cooker to make the pulled pork. Combine the remaining pork ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture over the slow-cooked roast. Cook for 8 hours on low, or until the meat shreds easily with two forks.
- Make the coleslaw when the meat is almost done: Set aside the cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Cook the bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat until it is browned and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Bring the oil, vinegar, and sweetener, if using, to a boil in the pan, then remove from the heat. Toss the cabbage with the hot dressing to wilt it and coat it with the dressing. Season the coleslaw to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the sandwiches and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover pulled pork and coleslaw in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days. Pork leftovers can be frozen for up to a month. Reheat the pork for 5 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories632
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 16.6g 83%
- Sodium 772mg 33%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 2.6g
- Protein 40.5g 81%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.