A plainl, simple and yet delicious part of any breakfast. These scones are so good, you could enjoy them any time of day!
2 cups blanched almond flour
½ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp fine sea salt
6 tbsp (¾ stick) unsalted butter, frozen
¼ cup unsweetened cashew milk or heavy cream
1 large egg
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 8 inches long), or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, powdered sweetener (if using), baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Cut the butter into 12-inch squares, then work it into the dry ingredients with your fingers. When you’re finished, the mixture should still have butter chunks in it.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cashew milk, egg, and liquid sweetener (if using). Stir the milk and egg mixture into the flour mixture with a fork until large clumps form. Form 8 balls by pressing the dough against the side of the bowl with your hands.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes on the pan. Warm or at room temperature, serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories128
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
- Sodium 22mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 9.5g
- Protein 2.8g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.