A simple yet delicious dessert. Try it with extra chocolate sauce on top.
- FOR THE PUDDING
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk
½ cup heavy cream
3 large eggs
⅔ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 8 inches long), or 1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp fine sea salt
- OPTIONAL TOPPING
Extra Chocolate Glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease an 11 by 7- inch baking dish or a standard-size 12-well muffin pan.
- Cover the cubed donuts with the milk and cream in a bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Pour the egg mixture over the donuts and stir to combine. Fill the prepared baking dish or muffin pan halfway with the combined mixture (if using a muffin pan, fill each well about two-thirds full).
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the filling is set. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the muffins are set. Allow the pan to cool completely. Make 12 equal-size pieces of bread pudding in a baking dish. Drizzle each piece (or “muffin”) with 1 to 2 tbsp extra chocolate glaze if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories278
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9.7g 49%
- Sodium 376mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 23.3g
- Protein 1.8g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.