Add a little spice to the morning eat. These Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins are easy to make and so delightful to taste.
- FOR THE MUFFIN BATTER
1½ cups blanched almond flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
⅛ tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy- free), softened
½ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
3 large eggs
1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
1 (227g/8oz package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease or place paper liners in 6 wells of a standard-size muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sweetener, eggs, and pumpkin until smooth.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Fill the prepared muffin cups about two-thirds full with the batter.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese in a mediumsized mixing bowl with a hand mixer until smooth. Beat in the sweetener, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Top each muffin with about 1 tbsp of the cream cheese filling and swirl it into the batter with a toothpick.
- Bake the muffins for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories200
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8.9g 45%
- Sodium 124mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 11.6g
- Protein 3.7g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.