Once in a while, you will discover a recipe or a meal that you delight in making and eating. This is that recipe! We discovered it a few years ago and we love it for it’s simplicity and its amazing taste. We suggest you use fresh basil leaves, fresh mozarella and Nonna’s Pizza Sauce to make this the tastiest treat you could hope to make.
- FOR THE CRUST
454g/ 1 pound ground chicken
½ tsp fine sea salt
2 cups powdered Parmesan cheese (recipe notes)
- FOR THE TOPPINGS
½ cup Nonna’s Pizza Sauce
1 (227g / 8oz) ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F and insert a pizza stone. (A baking sheet can be used, but a pizza stone will bake the bottom more evenly.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the salt and Parmesan.
- To make it easier to transfer to the oven, grease a sheet of parchment paper and place it on an un-rimmed baking sheet or pizza peel. Place the crust mixture on the parchment and shape it into a 12-inch circle or 10-inch square with your hands. Slide the parchment-wrapped pizza crust onto the hot pizza stone in the oven. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is light golden brown and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread the sauce and mozzarella slices on top. Return to the oven for 7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories958
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 18g 90%
- Sodium 1293mg 54%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 15.7g
- Protein 4.3g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.