This is a wonderful tasting baked pasta casserole with ziti pasta. It is a type of pasta al forno. We love the amazing taste when you combine the five cheeses which make it so flavorsome. While this is a healthy pasta meal, we think you could be tempted to have a larger helping, it tastes that good!
- FOR THE SAUCE
4 cups tomato sauce
2 cups Alfredo Sauce
½ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 30g/1 oz)
3 tbsp shredded fontina cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
- FOR THE TOPPINGS
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 340/12 oz)
½ cup pork dust or blanched almond flour
3 tbsp grated Romano cheese
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 large cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp melted butter or macadamia nut oil
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
6 (198g / 7oz) packages fettuccini
Miracle Noodles, or 2 large zucchini, spiral- sliced into noodles, for serving
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 120g/4 oz)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Alfredo sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, fontina, and garlic. Cover and place the bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To prepare the topping: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella, pork dust, Romano, and Parmesan. Stir in the garlic, melted butter, and parsley until thoroughly combined. Cover and place the bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F when ready to serve. Drain and rinse the Miracle Noodles. (Alternatively, if using zucchini noodles, place them in a colander in the sink.) Allow to drain for 5 minutes after sprinkling with 1 tsp salt. Squeeze the zucchini noodles gently to remove any excess moisture.)
- 1/2 cup of the sauce should be spread in the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Place the noodles on top of the sauce, and then drizzle with the remaining sauce. Thoroughly combine. 1 cup mozzarella should be spread over the noodles and sauce mixture. Spread the prepared topping evenly over the mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the topping is golden brown. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place in a baking dish in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven for about 6 minutes to reheat.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories626
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Sodium 902mg 38%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 5.6g
- Protein 29.7g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.