These Japanese meatballs are as good as you can get in any restaurant. We love meatballs, but we adore these Gyoza Meatballs. The ginger and garlic add amazing taste to the meat. Top it off with adding mushrooms and a hint of tamari, and you have the best meatballs ever.
16oz (454g) ground pork or ground chicken
1 large egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup finely chopped button mushrooms
2 tbsp finely chopped scallions
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
¾ tsp wheat-free tamari, or 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Mix the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with your hands until well combined. Place the mixture in 1.5-inch balls on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are browned and cooked through. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze in an ice cube tray for up to 1 month.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories81
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10%
- Sodium 828mg 35%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 5.4g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.