A delicious tasting soup, this will make you feel so full that you might not have mush-room for anything else in your tummy.
2 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee
113g (4oz) button mushrooms, sliced
113g (4oz) baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup chopped white onions
½ tsp fine sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups chicken bone broth
1 (227g/8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
Diced cooked bacon, for garnish (optional)
1 tsp truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
- In a stockpot or large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms and onions for 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Season with salt to taste. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic. Set aside some of the mushrooms for garnish.
- Heat through the broth and cream cheese in the pot. Puree the soup with an immersion blender. Ladle into serving bowls and top with a few of the reserved mushrooms, some diced cooked bacon, and, if desired, a drizzle of truffle oil.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for a few minutes over medium heat, or until warmed through.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories623
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 20%
- Sodium 684mg 29%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.2g
- Protein 28.8g 58%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.