Shrimp to die for! Take on this easy recipe and enjoy the delightful taste of shrimp. Not just for special occasions, you can have this dish at any time!
½ cup ghee or unsalted butter
2 cups sliced button mushrooms
¼ cup diced onions
454g (454g) large shrimp (about 30), peeled and deveined
1 cup chicken bone broth
1 (227g / 8oz) package cream cheese, softened
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1½ cups crushed pork rinds, divided (optional)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 cup ghee. Sauté the mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown. Sauté the shrimp for 4 minutes, or until they are cooked through and no longer translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, puree the broth and cream cheese until smooth, then add to the skillet. Stir in 1 cup of the crushed pork rinds, if using, and the cheddar cheese. Fill a 9-inch square casserole dish halfway with the mixture.
- Cover the top of the casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds and Parmesan cheese, if using. Drizzle 14 cup melted ghee over the top if using pork rinds. Broil for 2 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and turning golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in a baking dish for 4 minutes, or until warmed through, in a preheated 190°C/375°F oven.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories754
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 36g 180%
- Sodium 1035mg 44%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 1.1g
- Protein 53.3g 107%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.