Stuffing. Some like it. Some love it. I adore it. And now it’s in a cupcake!
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
227g (8 oz) white mushrooms, sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
¼ cup chopped onions
½ tsp dried ground sage
½ tsp poultry seasoning
454g/1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 batch Keto Buns
1 cup beef or chicken bone broth
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease a standard-size 12-well muffin pan.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Cook, whisking constantly, until flecks of brown (but not black!) butter appear—this is browned butter. 1/4 cup should be reserved for drizzling over the tops of the cupcakes before serving. (If using bacon fat or lard, simply heat the fat in the skillet before moving on to Step 3.)
- Sauté the mushrooms, celery, onions, sage, and poultry seasoning in the skillet with the browned butter for 5 minutes, or until tender and translucent.
- Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Cut the buns into 1/2- inch cubes while the meat is cooking.
- Combine the bread cubes with the sausage mixture in the pan. Mix in the broth thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the beaten eggs.
- Fill each muffin well about three-quarters full with the mixture from the mixing bowl. Bake, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more, or until the tops of the cupcakes are golden brown.
- Drizzle the remaining 14 cup browned butter over the tops of the cupcakes before serving.
12 servings per container
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Sodium 207mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.