If you’ve never tried Sushi before, now is your chance. This wonderfully tasty Japanese dish is a great way to both feed and entertain your guests for a dinner party. You can also have these for yourself and family any time. They are also very healthy to eat. Get your apron on, and start working on this recipe today!
4 cups cooked rice cauliflower
25g (1oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
4 sheets nori
Black or white sesame seeds, for garnish
Wasabi paste, for serving
Pickled ginger, for serving
Wheat-free tamari or coconut aminos, for serving
- CALIFORNIA ROLLS
113g (4oz) canned crabmeat
- SMOKED SALMON ROLLS
113g (4oz) smoked salmon
113g (4oz) cream cheese
- RAINBOW ROLLS
113g (4oz) sushi-grade fish (salmon, tuna, etc.)
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Combine the cauliflower rice and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Cut the avocado and cucumber into long, 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- To help with the forming and rolling, place a nori sheet on a cutting board or bamboo mat. 1 cup of the rice mixture should be placed on the nori. If making the California Roll or Smoked Salmon Roll, which are “normal” rolls (rice on the inside), leave a 1-inch border free of rice at the top of the nori sheet. Use your fingers to spread the rice mixture into a thin, even layer that covers the entire surface of the nori if making the Rainbow Roll, which is a “inside-out roll” (rice on the outside). Flip it over carefully so that the rice side is on the bottom. Repeat with the rest of the nori sheets and
- Make one of the three sushi roll variations by following the instructions below.
- Cut each roll into 1-inch pieces with a very sharp knife. Distribute the pieces among four plates and top with sesame seeds. With wasabi, pickled ginger, and tamari, serve. Dollop some of the spicy mayo over the Rainbow Roll pieces before serving.
- Refrigerate the sushi in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- California Roll
Place a row of avocado, a row of cucumber, and a row of crabmeat about 1/2 inch from the edge of the nori sheet closest to you. Roll the sushi carefully but tightly up to the 1-inch border at the top of the nori that does not have rice on it. Wet this part of the nori and roll it up tightly. The bamboo mat can be used to help shape the roll.
- Smoked Salmon Roll
Place a row of cucumber and a row of smoked salmon about 1/2 inch from the edge of the nori sheet closest to you. Cut the cream cheese into 1-inch-long by 14- inch-wide strips and arrange them along the salmon in a row. Roll the sushi carefully but tightly up to the 1- inch border at the top of the nori that does not have rice on it. Wet this part of the nori and roll it up tightly.
The bamboo mat can be used to help shape the roll.
- Rainbow Roll
Place a row of cucumber, a row of fish, and a row of avocado about 1/2 inch from the edge of the nori sheet closest to you. Roll the sushi carefully with the bamboo mat to make an even-shaped roll. (Alternatively, place 1-inch slices of fish and avocado on the outside of the roll and press with the bamboo mat to secure them.) To make the spicy mayo, combine the mayo and hot sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories726
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 22%
- Sodium 631mg 27%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.9g
- Protein 28.6g 58%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.