Try this tasty and filling breakfast to set you up for the day. Packed with flavour, it’s sure to make you feel good.
225g/ ½ pound bulk pork sausage
½ tsp fine sea salt
⅓ cup beef bone broth
2 strips bacon, diced
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to broil. Form the sausage into four 1 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch oval patties. Season with salt on all sides.
- Fill an 8-inch square casserole dish halfway with sausage patties. Place the dish in the oven and pour the broth over the patties. Broil for 7 minutes, or until the patties are thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the diced bacon in a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until cooked through and crispy. Set aside after removing from the heat.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the cheese and cooked bacon on top of the sausage patties. Place the pan back in the oven for 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories563
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23%
- Sodium 958mg 40%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 4.9g
- Protein 25.8g 52%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.