When you find some simple enough ingredients that combine to make something taste as good, mark that recipe down and never forget it! We’ve found that recipe here, and we’re sharing it with you. Bananas and Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel flavour. Yup! Delicious!
- SIMPLE VANILLA ICE CREAM
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
3 tbsp Swerve confectioners’- style sweetener, or more as desired
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 8 inches long), or 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of fine sea salt
¼ cup blanched almond flour
2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’- style sweetener
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of fine sea salt
2 tbsp melted (but not hot) ghee or unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp banana extract
- CARAMEL GLAZE
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1½ tbsp Swerve confectioners’- style sweetener
1 to 2 tsp rum or banana extract
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
Ice cream maker
- To make the ice cream, combine all of the ingredients in a blender and puree for 1 minute, or until frothy. Fill an ice cream maker halfway with the mixture and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer while you prepare the cake and glaze. (Note: The ice cream can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to one month.)
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 165°C/325°F before beginning to make the cake. Grease two standard-size muffin pan wells or two 120g/4-oz ramekins. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, powdered sweetener (if using), baking powder, and salt. Stir in the melted ghee, egg, extract, and liquid sweetener (if using) until well combined. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan.
- Make the glaze while the cakes are cooling: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Heat the butter, stirring frequently, until it foams and brown (but not black!) flecks appear. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. (If you’re using coconut oil, simply heat it until it’s melted.) To the browned butter (or coconut oil), add the sweetener and 1 teaspoon of the extract, then taste and adjust with more sweetener or extract as desired.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer to begin assembling the dessert. (If you made the ice cream
ahead of time and it’s frozen solid, set it aside for 15 to 25 minutes to soften.) Cut a cake into four pieces and arrange them in a serving bowl. Half of the ice cream should be scooped into the bowl, then half of the glaze should be drizzled over the ice cream.
- Repeat with the remaining cake, ice cream, and glaze. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and walnuts.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories342
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6%
- Sodium 141.3mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 32.2g
- Protein 2.8g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.