Dark Chocolate – an amazing food! Why? Because it can be an antioxidant, it can improve blood flow and blood pressure, and it may reduce heart disease risk. Did we say it also tastes so good? Well, it does! Try the recipe which adds the amazing raspberry flavour. We know you can’t say no.
3 hours 30 minutes
142g (5oz) cream cheese (½ cup plus 2 tbsp), softened
¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
1 to 2 tsp unsweetened cashew milk, warmed
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, or more if you prefer darker chocolate, plus extra for garnish
1 tsp raspberry extract
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’- style sweetener
25g (1oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 tsp raspberry extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sweetener and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. 2 tbsp of the sweetened cream cheese should be placed in a small bowl for the topping. To thin the topping, add a tsp of warm cashew milk and mix until smooth. Add another tsp of milk if it’s still too thick. Place the topping in a small resealable plastic bag or piping bag and refrigerate.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and extract with the remaining sweetened cream cheese using a hand mixer on high speed until combined. If desired, add more sweetener, cocoa powder, or extract. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out 1-inch balls of the chocolate mixture with a mini ice cream scooper or spoon. Place the balls on a platter to serve. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the plastic bag with the topping and drizzle a little bit of the topping over each truffle. Refrigerate the truffles while you make the chocolate drizzle.
- To make the drizzle, in a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine the cream, sweetener, and chopped chocolate. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the extract. Allow to cool for
8 minutes in the refrigerator, or until thickened but still slightly warm; if it hardens too much, return it to the double boiler and gently reheat.
- Remove the truffles from the refrigerator and drizzle the chocolate over each one with a spoon. Each truffle is dusted with cocoa powder. Chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freezing is not advised.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories193
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
- Sodium 170mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 1.9g
- Protein 6.9g 14%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.