A flavorsome and filling morning meal. This will set you up for the day.
1 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free)
½ cup chopped red onions
1½ cups shredded red or green cabbage
2 cups BBQ Pulled Pork
¾ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
4 large eggs (omit for egg-free)
Melted ghee, for serving
Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
Finely diced red onions, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the ghee. Cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the cabbage is very soft, before adding the cabbage.
- Stir the pulled pork into the skillet to combine. Make four wells in the hash and place an egg in each. Season with salt, black pepper, and, if using, cayenne pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still soft, covered.
- Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce and melted ghee, and top with cilantro or parsley and diced red onions.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories168
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 9%
- Sodium 64mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 3.3g
- Protein 7.9g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.