Breakfast can be fun, delicious and good for you. This breakfast proves it!
4 large eggs
4 hard-boiled eggs
¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
2 tbsp egg white protein powder
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp fine sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil, plus extra for the waffle iron
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 batch Maple Bacon Ice Cream
½ batch Browned Butter Glaze, for drizzling
Cooked diced bacon, for garnish
- Preheat a waffle maker to high heat. In a blender or food processor, combine the raw eggs, hard-boiled eggs, sweetener, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and blend until smooth and thick. Combine the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Grease a hot waffle maker. Close the iron by placing 3 tbsp of the batter in the centre. Cook the waffle for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 6 waffles.
- Place a waffle on a serving plate or bowl and top with a scoop of Maple Bacon Ice Cream to serve. If desired, garnish with a drizzle of browned butter glaze and diced cooked bacon.
- Extra waffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Reheat for 3 minutes, or until warmed through, in a preheated 190°C/375°F oven or toaster oven.
- RECIPE NOTES:
To change up the flavour of the waffles, replace 1 tsp
vanilla extract with 1 tsp almond extract.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories384
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23%
- Sodium 68mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 14.2g
- Protein 8.4g 17%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.