Try a delicious alternative to a traditional breakfast. This will certainly make an excellent start to your day!
2 tbsp unsalted butter (or butter-flavoured coconut oil if dairy-free)
1¼ cups unsweetened cashew milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for garnish (optional)
2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’style sweetener or equivalent amount of alternative sweetener
3 tbsp hot brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee
Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Stir the butter in a saucepan over high heat until it froths, and brown flecks appear, about 5 minutes; this is browned butter. If you’re using butter-flavoured coconut oil, heat it just until it’s melted.
- Reduce the heat to medium and gradually whisk in the cashew milk; it will sizzle as it mixes with the browned butter. Warm until thoroughly warmed. (Between 63°C and 73°C/145°F and 165°F.) Combine the cocoa powder and sweetener in a mixing bowl. If desired, use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until it resembles a frothy latte, about 1 minute.
- Fill a large mug halfway with espresso. Stir in the hot milk mixture thoroughly. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream and, if desired, a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories366
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 18.4g 92%
- Sodium 1211mg 51%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 3.2g
- Protein 2.7g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.