Enjoy a good start to the day with your better half!
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp ghee or unsalted butter
Divided ¼ cup diced onions
¼ cup sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp diced green or red bell peppers
¼ cup ground pork or beef
¼ tsp fine sea salt, divided
4 large eggs, beaten
¼ cup diced Canadian bacon
¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
Sliced green onions, for garnish
¼ cup salsa, for serving
¼ cup sour cream, for serving
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 1 tbsp ghee.
Cook, stirring constantly, until the onions, mushrooms,
and bell peppers are soft, and the mushrooms are
golden. Cook until the ground meat is cooked through,
about 3 minutes. Season with 18 teaspoon salt.
- Combine the eggs, Canadian bacon, 2 tbsp water, and
the remaining 1/8 tsp salt in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat.
Swirl in the remaining tsp ghee to coat the pan. Pour the
egg mixture in. Cook, covered, until the eggs are almost
set. Remove the lid and sprinkle the cheese evenly over
the omelette. Place the cheese on top of the vegetable
- Place the omelette on a serving platter and fold it in half.
Garnish with more cheese and green onions if desired.
Serve with the salsa and sour cream on the side.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3
days. Reheat for a minute or two in a sauté pan over
medium heat, until warmed through.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories517
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 15.3g 77%
- Sodium 15441mg 644%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 8.6g
- Protein 42.1g 85%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.