As famous as Grits, the Shrimp n’ Gravy in this recipe will make you long for this dish almost every day. Why not try it, and see for yourself what all the fuss is about?
3 strips bacon
2 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
1 green bell pepper, chopped
½ cup diced onions
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste or minced
16oz / 454g large shrimp (about 30), peeled and deveined
2 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup chicken bone broth
Double batch Keto Grits, for serving
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 4 minutes. Set aside after removing from the skillet. Allow the drippings to remain in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the ghee to the skillet with the bacon drippings. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft, before adding the bell pepper and onions. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp to the skillet, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the shrimp are no longer translucent. Transfer the shrimp to a warm plate with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Still over medium-high heat, add the broth to the skillet and whisk the bottom to deglaze. Remove the skillet from the heat once the broth has thickened to your liking, then add the shrimp to the sauce and stir to coat. Serve the shrimp over keto grits with crumbled bacon on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat until thoroughly warmed.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories635
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6%
- Sodium 867mg 37%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 19.6g
- Protein 28.7g 58%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.