What might sound like a simple and easy to make dish, IS a simple and easy to make dish! We love this Chicken and Mushroom recipe for it’s simplicity and most of all for it’s fantastic flavorsome taste. Let your taste buds delight and rejoice in your latest kitchen conquest.
1 hour 20 minutes
½ small head green cabbage (for “noodles”), or 2 (200g/7 oz) keto noodles
4 tsp Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar, divided
2 tbsp wheat-free tamari, or ½ cup coconut aminos, divided
16oz (454g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces
2 ¼ cups chicken bone broth
1 tbsp toasted (dark) sesame oil
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp guar gum (optional, for thickening)
2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
227g (8oz) button mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
6 scallions, sliced diagonally into ½-inch pieces
½ red bell pepper, sliced
- If using cabbage, shred it thinly and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine 2 tsp sweetener, 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar, and 1 tbsp tamari (or 1/4 cup coconut aminos) until well combined. Toss the chicken in the bowl to coat completely. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight to marinate.
- Make the sauce:
In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the broth, sesame oil, and pepper with the remaining 2tsp sweetener, 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar, and tbsp tamari (or 1/4 cup coconut aminos). If using, sift in the guar gum and whisk until well combined. Set aside the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a wok or large cast-iron skillet over high heat when you’re ready to cook the chicken. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard it. Stir-fry the chicken in the wok for 4 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Place the chicken, along with any juices, on a plate.
- In the wok or skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil. If using cabbage, stir-fry it now with the ginger, garlic, mushrooms, scallions, and bell pepper for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how soft you want the cabbage. Then add the chicken and the reserved sauce. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly. If using Miracle Noodles, rinse and drain them before adding them to the wok; toss to coat thoroughly and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. To reheat, heat for about 5 minutes in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories424
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6%
- Sodium 489mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.5g
- Protein 21.4g 43%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.