This is one of my favourites – combining the texture of a meatloaf with the fantastic taste of chicken and parmesan. Why not try it for yourself?
680g/ 1½ pounds ground chicken
¾ cup finely chopped mushrooms
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup marinara sauce, plus extra for serving
½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra whole leaves for garnish
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
1½ cups shredded mozzarella or fontina cheese, plus extra for the top
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease six 4 x 2 inch mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine the ground chicken, mushrooms, Parmesan, marinara sauce, and basil in a large mixing bowl. Season with Italian seasoning, oregano, and garlic powder, then fold in the shredded cheese.
- Fill the mini loaf pans with the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the meatloaves reach an internal temperature of 71°C/160°F. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the tops with shredded cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve on top of additional marinara sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories405
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15%
- Sodium 742mg 31%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 21.1g
- Protein 12.9g 26%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.