While these chicken pot pies may seem small, we can assure you they are fully packed with a delightful taste. Make some today. We know you will love them.
- FOR THE DOUGH
1¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 large egg, beaten
¾ cup blanched almond flour
⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- FOR THE FILLING
2 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup diced celery
¼ cup diced onions
¼ tsp minced fresh oregano
¼ tsp minced fresh thyme
¼ tsp fine sea salt
3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ¼-inch pieces
120g (4 oz) cream cheese (½ cup), softened
½ cup chicken bone broth
Fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- To make the dough, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella and butter and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted. Stir everything together thoroughly. Using a hand mixer, thoroughly combine the egg. Mix in the almond flour and salt thoroughly with the mixer. Work it with your hands like a traditional dough, kneading it for about 3 minutes.
(Note: If the dough is too sticky, chill it for an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.)
- Make the filling while the dough is chilling: In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the celery, onions, herbs, and salt are soft, about 4 minutes. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Stir in the cream cheese until well combined. Slowly pour in the broth while stirring. Divide the mixture evenly among four 400g/14 oz oven-safe bowls or ramekins.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a piece of parchment paper. Place one-quarter of the dough on the greased parchment and pat it out with your hands to form a small circle slightly larger than the diameter of the bowls or ramekins. Repeat with the rest of the dough. On top of each filled bowl or ramekin, place a circle of dough. Each pie should be sealed by crimping the dough around the edge
with your fingers.
- Place the bowls on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Bake the pies for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and the dough is fully cooked. Garnish the pies with fresh thyme.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories49
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
- Sodium 34mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 4.3g
- Protein 1.1g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.