What a wonderful way to use chicken thighs and create a mouth watering and tasty dish. We love the mushrooms and garlic in this recipe. They add to the wholesome flavor and make this a want–to-have meal for all the family. Try it today!
3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
½ tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
16oz (454g) button mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup chicken bone broth
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp capers, drained, for garnish
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Using paper towels, pat the chicken thighs dry. Gently pound the thighs to an even thickness of about 12 inch with a cast-iron skillet, rolling pin, or mallet. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the ghee over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Place the chicken on a platter.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet, and season with more ghee if necessary. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown on both sides. Deglaze the pan with the broth, scraping up any bits from the bottom with a whisk. Reduce the heat to low, add the heavy cream, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the skillet sauce. Garnish with capers and parsley if desired. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven for about 3 minutes to reheat.
- Recipe Notes
To save time and effort, have your butcher pound the chicken for you.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories1377
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31%
- Sodium 1510mg 63%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 23.3g
- Protein 25.1g 51%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.