There’s garlic bread, and then there’s only the best Garlic Bread you will have tried. It’s our best attempt at making Garlic Bread. We’ve tried and tested this recipe over a number of years and re-tuned it to make the recipe that we share with you. We’re proud of it, and we think you will love it as much as we do. don’t waste your money on store bought garlic bread when you can make your own!
- FOR THE BREAD
3 cups (280 g) (9.9oz) blanched almond flour
½ cup plus 2 tbsp (90 g) (3.2oz) psyllium husk powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
6 (180 g) (6.3oz) large egg whites
5 tbsp (90 g) (3.2oz) apple cider vinegar
1½ cups (340 g) (12oz)boiling water
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup melted unsalted butter, ghee, or extra-virgin olive oil
Chopped fresh basil or parsley leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the egg whites and vinegar until a stiff dough forms. Mix in the water until the dough comes together.
- Form the dough into a loaf and place it in a greased baking pan. Bake the bread for 60 to 75 minutes, or until it is firm to the touch and golden brown. Allow to cool completely in the pan after removing from the oven.
- When the bread has cooled, position an oven rack in the upper third of the oven and heat the broiler to high. Cool the bread and cut it into 20 slices. Place the slices on two baking sheets with rims.
- Combine the garlic and melted butter in a small bowl. Brush the mixture onto the bread slices, about 2 tsp per slice, and broil for 2 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley to serve. Cut into triangles and serve right away.
- Recipe Notes
Optional: cheesy garlic bread. Before garnishing the bread with garlic and cutting it into triangles, sprinkle each piece with a tbsp of shredded mozzarella or grated Parmesan and broil for a minute or two to melt the cheese.
20 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories190
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10.4g 52%
- Sodium 7mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 3.1g
- Protein 2.4g 5%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.