There’s nothing more satisfying than biting into your own home made pizza. Here, we have the best pizza recipe. Yes, we are biased, but we think you’ll agree when you make it for yourself and take that first bite.
We suggest you use only the freshest ingredients for the toppings and garnish. And as always, use Nonna’s Marinara to make this pizza taste amazing.
1 hour or overnight
- FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH
1¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 200g/7 oz)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 large egg
¾ cup blanched almond flour
⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- FOR THE TOPPINGS
½ cup Nonna’s Pizza Sauce
1 cup diced cooked bacon
½ cup diced fresh tomatoes
½ cup sliced olives
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 30g/1 oz)
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (about 30g/1 oz)
- FOR THE GARNISH
Fresh basil leaves
Crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F and insert a pizza stone. (A baking sheet can be used, but a pizza stone will bake the bottom more evenly.)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a piece of parchment paper.
- Make the dough:
Microwave the mozzarella and butter in a medium-sized heatproof bowl for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted. Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Mix in the egg with your hands or a hand mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Combine the almond flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Work it with your hands like a traditional dough, kneading it for about 3 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, chill it for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the dough on the greased parchment and pat it out into a large circle (about 10 inches in diameter) or oval with your hands (about 12 inches long). Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, then top with the desired toppings. Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone while it is still on the parchment.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with basil and crushed red pepper flakes to serve.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 200°C/400°F oven or toaster oven for 5 minutes to reheat.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories87
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.1g 16%
- Sodium 365mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 0.8g
- Protein 5.4g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.