Truffles. The best of the best in desserts. Something to be savoured. Something to take delight in when eaten. And this is the best truffle recipe we’ve ever come across. Period. But don’t take our word for it. Try it yourself and let us know how you like it.
3 hours (overnight)
142g (5oz) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
1 tsp unsweetened cashew milk
1 tsp mint extract
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’- style sweetener
25g (1oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 tsp mint extract
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sweetener, cashew milk, and extract and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Adjust the sweetness to your liking, adding more sweetener or extract if necessary. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out 1-inch balls of the mixture with a mini ice cream scooper or spoon. Place the balls on a platter to serve. Refrigerate the platter while you make the chocolate drizzle.
- To make the drizzle, in a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine the cream, sweetener, and chopped chocolate. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the extract.
Allow the drizzle to cool for 8 minutes in the refrigerator, or until thickened but still slightly warm; if it hardens too much, return it to the double boiler and gently reheat.
- Remove the truffles from the refrigerator and drizzle the chocolate over each one with a spoon. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freezing is not advised.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories184
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9%
- Sodium 237mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 10.2g
- Protein 6.4g 13%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.