Another Creole delight, this Catfish dish will delight you and everyone you share it with. Add grits to make it even more authentic.
2 tbsp ghee
¼ cup diced onions
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
1 (18.3oz) jar crushed tomatoes, with juices
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp dried oregano leaves
Pinch of pure stevia powder (optional)
⅛ tsp hot sauce, or more to taste
454g/1 pound catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch-wide pieces
Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
1 batch Cauliflower Rice or double batch Keto Grits for serving (optional)
- Melt the ghee in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 2 minutes, or until soft. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic. Combine the tomatoes (with juices), salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, stevia powder (if using), and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Bring the water to a boil, then add the catfish pieces.
- Cook, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes and is cooked through. If desired, season with additional salt and pepper.
- If desired, serve the fish mixture over cauliflower rice or grits. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Warm the fish in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat until thoroughly warmed.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories726
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 22%
- Sodium 631mg 27%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.9g
- Protein 28.6g 58%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.