An absolutely fantastic fish recipe that makes the most of the ingredients, which combine to make one of the tastiest dishes you can try.
4 (113g/4oz) sole fillets
Ground black pepper
½ cup powdered Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves Lemon wedges or slices, for serving
- Rinse and pat dry the fish. Season both sides of the fish lightly with pepper.
- In a pie pan, place the Parmesan cheese. Dredge each fillet in the Parmesan on both sides and place on a plate next to the stove.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the ghee. When the skillet is hot and shimmering, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and quickly swirl to coat the bottom with butter. When the butter has melted, add the coated fish. For the next 2 minutes, do not move the fillets. After 2 minutes, flip the fish gently and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and no longer translucent in the centre. Place the fish on a serving platter and drizzle with the skillet drippings.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Cook, whisking frequently, for about 2 minutes, or until the butter foams up and brown (but not black!) flecks appear. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley to the browned butter. Distribute the sauce over the fish. Serve with wedges or slices of lemon.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Warm the fish in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat until thoroughly warmed.
4 servings per container
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 16.5g 83%
- Sodium 591mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 5.6g
- Protein 12.1g 25%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.