Chicken. One of the most versatile meats and can be accompanied by many different flavoursome ingredients. Here, we add almond as the main addition and it allows us to take chicken to the next level. Yes – the next level! We think this is definitely one of the best recipes we have found. And we’d like you to try it and see if you feel the same.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 300g/10 oz)
2 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil, for frying
½ batch Sweet-and-Sour Sauce, for serving
Sliced almonds, for garnish
Black or white sesame seeds, for garnish
- WET COATING
2 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- DRY COATING
½ cup powdered Parmesan cheese
Ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch strips.
- In a shallow baking dish, crack the eggs. Add 1 tbsp water and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a separate shallow baking dish, combine the powdered Parmesan with a pinch of pepper and mix well.
- Dip each chicken strip in the eggs, allowing any excess to drip off, and then dredge both sides in the Parmesan mixture. Set aside the coated chicken strips.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, dip each coated chicken strip once more into the egg mixture to coat the entire strip. Fry the chicken until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories292
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
- Sodium 1079mg 45%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 5.2g
- Protein 12.3g 25%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.