Simple? Yes. Tasty? Absolutely! See how a simple dessert can be so enjoyable and tasty. You don’t have to do anything too fancy to make something that tastes so good. And this proves it!
6 large egg yolks
½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract or other extract of choice, such as cherry
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 (227g / 8oz) package Miracle Rice
Melted unsalted butter or ghee, for drizzling
- Combine the egg yolks, cashew milk, sweetener, and extract in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the melted coconut oil to prevent the eggs from cooking unevenly. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Keep stirring the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, whisking constantly and vigorously until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the mixture registers 60°C/140°F.
- Stir in the Miracle Rice after removing the mixture from the water. To taste, sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm or chilled, with a dusting of extra cinnamon and a drizzle of melted butter on top, if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftover pudding in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Recipe Notes
If you’re serving the pudding chilled, you can make it up to 4 days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
Before serving, whisk together all of the ingredients.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories586
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Sodium 167mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 81.1g
- Protein 9.2g 19%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.