If ever there was a comfort food that could be enjoyed anywhere and anytime, something you could bring with you wherever you go, then this is it! You have found the recipe for the best tasting cookies. Look no further, but try the recipe and see why we think this is the best cookie recipe.
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
113g (4oz) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
1 large egg
1 tsp almond extract or other extract of choice, such as orange, lemon, or vanilla
½ tsp fine sea salt
2 cups blanched almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
Pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the parchment.
- For 1 minute with a hand mixer, cream the softened butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Continue mixing until the mixture is creamy, then add the sweetener. Mix in the egg, extract, and salt again.
Combine the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball between your hands before placing it on the greased parchment. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fine cracks appear on the tops.
Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
24 servings per container
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13%
- Sodium 206mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 4.5g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.