When you find that dessert that appeals to your sweet tooth and can divide it into shareable portions, you’ve then found our favourite Pots de Creme! Try this recipe and have it anytime you want. A great stand alone comfort food, or a great accompaniment to a decent meal.
1¼ cups heavy cream
¾ cup unsweetened cashew milk
170g (6oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
5 large egg yolks
⅔ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 8 inches long), or 1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 165°C/325°F.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream and cashew milk to a simmer. Remove from the heat once it has reached a simmer and immediately stir in the chopped chocolate. Allow to sit for 2 minutes before stirring until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. To combine, stir everything together thoroughly. To avoid scrambling the eggs, slowly stream the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture while whisking.
- Divide the mixture evenly among six greased 120g/4-oz ramekins. Fill an 11 by 9-inch baking dish halfway with ramekins. Pour hot water around the ramekins until it reaches two-thirds of the way up the sides. 30 minutes in the oven, or until the custard is set (the centre will jiggle ever so slightly when you shake the pan).
- Remove the pan from the oven but keep the ramekins in the hot water for another 5 minutes. Remove them from the water after 5 minutes and set aside to cool completely. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- These custards can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days if tightly covered.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories198
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Sodium 207mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 16.5g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.