The humble bundt cake. Not exactly inspiring looking, nor does it wow to taste. However, we’ve found this recipe has turned our opinion of bundt cakes on it’s head. Definitely much better tasting than it’s original recipe, we think you’ll try this gorgeous dessert more than once.
- FOR THE CAKES
3 cups blanched almond flour, or 1 cup coconut flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp fine sea salt
6 large eggs (12 eggs if using coconut flour)
1 cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
3 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter, melted but not hot
3 tbsp brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups grated zucchini
- FOR THE GLAZE
1½ cups Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
¼ cup melted ghee or unsalted butter
2 tbsp hot water (for vanilla-flavoured glaze) or hot brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee (for mocha-flavoured glaze)
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
2 (6-well) mini Bundt cake pans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. 2 mini-Bundt pans, sprayed with coconut oil spray
- To make the cakes, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sweetener for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. To the egg mixture, add the melted ghee, espresso, and vanilla extract.
- Squeeze any excess water from the zucchini before adding it to the egg mixture and stirring to combine. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just to combine.
- Fill each well two-thirds full with cake batter and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cake comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool completely before removing them from the pans.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sweetener and the melted ghee. Stir in the hot water or espresso and vanilla; the mixture should be thick but thin enough to be easily stirred. If the glaze is too thick, add more water or espresso; if it is too thin, add more sweetener.
- Spoon the glaze over the tops of the cakes gently. Garnish the cakes with chopped nuts if desired.
- Extras can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Recipe Notes
Simply bake the cakes in two batches if you only have one 6-well mini-Bundt pan.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories192
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34%
- Sodium 145mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 13.9g
- Protein 3.8g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.