Just when you think you’ve heard of every combination of Pizza ingredients, you hear of the Bacon Cheeseburger – in a Pizza. Not conventional, but that’s why we love it. We think you will love it too!
14 slices thick-cut bacon
4oz (¼lb) ground beef
¼ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
⅔ cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’- style sweetener
2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped onions
- FOR THE GARNISH
¼ large dill pickle, sliced into ¼- inch-thick rounds
¼ cup roughly chopped or torn lettuce
1 tomato, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Weave the bacon strips together on a rimmed baking sheet by overlapping each strip over and under the others to form a grid. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bacon “crust” is crisp.
- In the meantime, preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. In a skillet, combine the ground beef, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Set aside the skillet.
- Combine the tomato sauce, sweetener, and mustard in a mixing bowl; spread this mixture over the bacon crust. Sprinkle the cheeses on top of the tomato sauce mixture, followed by the beef and onions.
- Bake the pizza for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and serve with pickle slices, chopped lettuce, and chopped tomato as garnish.
- This pizza is best served fresh, but any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 4 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 200°C/400°F oven.
6 servings per container
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.1g 16%
- Sodium 364mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 0.8g
- Protein 5.4g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.