Those moments when you need a comforting, warming drink, reach for this recipe and create the liquid comfort you desire.
57g (2oz) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
⅓ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
3 cups unsweetened cashew milk (or heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk for a richer drink)
1 tsp vanilla or chocolate extract
⅛ tsp toffee extract (optional)
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for garnish (optional)
Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
Melted ghee or unsalted butter, for garnish
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, combine the chopped chocolate, sweetener, and cashew milk. Stir frequently for about 2 minutes, or until everything is melted and well combined.
- Combine the extracts and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Remove from the heat and serve in cute cups with whipped cream and a drizzle of melted ghee on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in a saucepan over low heat and stir for 1 minute, or until thoroughly warmed.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories384
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23%
- Sodium 68mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 8.4g 17%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.