Did you ever find a food that you thought you might never try, but then when you do, you wonder how you never had it before? This Pumpkin Dip with Pie Fries is that very food! Try it and see why we love it.
- FOR THE DIP
1 (227g / 8oz) package mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
½ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
¾ cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
⅓ cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- FOR THE PIE FRIES
¾ cup blanched almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp fine sea salt
¼ cup Swerve granular-style sweetener
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 large egg yolk, beaten
- To make the dip, combine the softened mascarpone cheese and sweetener in a medium-sized mixing bowl and smooth with a hand mixer. Combine the pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate for 3 hours, covered.
- When you’re ready to make the pie fries, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, softened butter, 12 cup confectioners’-style sweetener, and salt. Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper that have been lightly sprayed with coconut oil spray. Roll the dough out to a 14-inch-thick rectangle. Remove the parchment from the top. Cut the dough into 12 inch wide by 3 inch long strips with a sharp knife or pizza wheel.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the granular sweetener and cinnamon. Place aside.
- Brush the dough strips with the beaten egg yolk, then top with the sweetened cinnamon mixture. Place the “fries” about 1 inch apart on the lined baking sheet.
- 12 minutes, or until golden brown, bake the pie fries. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing from the oven. Serve alongside the dip on a serving platter.
- Refrigerate leftover fries and dip in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days. The fries can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
- Recipe Notes
The dip can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.
10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories118
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 30%
- Sodium 136mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 2.9g
- Protein 0.9g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.