We have no doubt that once you share these, you will be asked for the recipe! These amazing whoopie pies are delicious, and a relatively guilt free treat to have any time (mind the carbs). They’re quite easy to make/bake, so you will be inclined to see them as go-to for an easy baked snack or small treat. Try making some now!
- FOR THE PIES
1¼ cups blanched almond flour, or ½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp fine sea salt
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter or coconut oil, softened
⅓ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
3 large eggs (6 eggs and ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk if using coconut flour)
1 tsp mint extract
- FOR THE FILLING
¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
170g (6oz) cream cheese or mascarpone cheese (¾ cup), softened
¾ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp mint extract
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
7oz (½oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
½ tsp vanilla extract
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 165°C/325°F. Grease a 12-hole whoopie pie pan with cooking spray (or muffin top pan).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the butter, sweetener, eggs, and extract until smooth. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Fill each well about twothirds full with the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a pie comes
out clean. Allow the pan to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sweetener with a hand mixer. Add the heavy cream to thin it out a little, then mix in the mint extract. Set aside the filling.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, in a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine the cream, sweetener, and chopped chocolate. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract. If desired, taste and add more sweetener.
- Place one whoopie pie flat side up on a plate to assemble. Place 2 tablespoons of filling on one pie, then top with another. Rep with the remaining pies and filling. Drizzle some chocolate on top of each whoopie pie. If desired, garnish with mint leaves.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories198
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Sodium 207mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 16.5g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.