Muffins. With cheese. There’s nothing better. Try it and see.
½ cup blanched almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp fine sea salt
3 large eggs, beaten
½ cup unsweetened cashew milk, almond milk, or heavy cream
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter or ghee, melted but not hot
¾ cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup drained jarred pimientos, chopped
¼ cup minced onions
3 tbsp sliced green onions
3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
½ batch Homemade Pimiento Cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease a jumbo 6-well muffin pan or a standard 12-well muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend in the beaten eggs, cashew milk, and melted butter. Combine the cheddar cheese, pimientos, onions, green onions, parsley, and chives in a mixing bowl.
- Fill each well two-thirds full with batter and bake for 15 to 20 minutes if using a jumbo muffin pan or 12 to 15 minutes if using a regular-size muffin pan, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. Serve with a slice of pimiento cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories156
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 19%
- Sodium 166mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 6.6g
- Protein 4.4g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.