If ever there was a pasta/seafood recipe that we love to try on a regular basis, then this is it. We love the creamy sauce, and the fantastic tasting shrimp. The mushrooms and spinach add to the texture and flavor of the dish. We have a feeling that if you try this, you will add it to your list of favorites, just as we have done. Make your stomach happy today – try it.
3 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee (or avocado oil if dairy-free)
1 cup white mushrooms, sliced (about 227g/ 8 oz)
4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
20 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
2 tsp fine sea salt
1½ tsp ground black pepper
3 cups fresh spinach
½ cup fresh lemon juice (2 to 3 lemons)
½ cup chicken bone broth
2 cups heavy cream
1 batch Cabbage Pasta, for serving
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown, with the mushrooms and garlic. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Cook for 1 minute, or until the spinach has just wilted, after adding the spinach, lemon juice, and broth.
- Stir in the heavy cream, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the cabbage pasta until the cabbage is hot and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. To reheat, heat for about 3 minutes in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories489
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24%
- Sodium 1499mg 63%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 13.2g
- Protein 19.8g 40%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.