Why not try the best pasta without feeling all that guilt for consuming so many carbs? We have a great recipe for you – one to try on your own, but share the results with friends and family. It’s a very easy meal to make, and there’s not too many ingredients – so it’s a brilliant recipe for a starter or someone who isn’t too confident in the kitchen. It can be done by anyone. Try it today!
¼ cup diced asparagus (about 4 spears)
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup diced cooked ham
1 batch Cabbage Pasta
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 60g/ 2 oz)
2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Cook for 2 minutes after adding the asparagus. To keep the green colour, drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Combine the heavy cream, butter, ham, and asparagus in a large saucepan. Cook for 1 minute, or until the butter is melted. Add the cabbage pasta and mix well. Cook for another 4 minutes, or until the cabbage is thoroughly coated. Cook for 1 minute more, or until the sauce has thickened slightly, after adding the Parmesan cheese and egg yolks. Serve right away.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes to reheat.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories190
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10.4g 52%
- Sodium 7mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 3.1g
- Protein 2.4g 5%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.