A good fish dish can be one of the nicest and yet healthiest meals you could try. Here, we combine both taste and healthy food to the max. Once you try this beautiful Salmon dish, you will agree with us. Why don’t you make some today? We know you will love it! Note – the fat here is HEALTHY fat!
3 tbsp avocado oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1¼ cups diced fresh or canned tomatoes
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus extra for garnish
¼ tsp ground black pepper
4 (170g / 6oz) skinless salmon fillets
1 tsp fine sea salt
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Combine the tomatoes, lemon juice, capers, parsley, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the liquid has slightly reduced.
- While the sauce is simmering, rinse and pat dry the salmon with paper towels. Season with salt on all sides. Turn the heat down to medium. Place the salmon in the skillet after pushing the sauce to one side with a spatula. Pour the sauce over the salmon and serve.
- Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. The precise timing will be determined by the thickness of the fillets. Place on a platter after removing from the skillet. Garnish with parsley and serve with the sauce. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes to reheat.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories795
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10.5g 53%
- Sodium 486mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 1.7g
- Protein 12.3g 25%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.