This dish will make you think of Pork chops in a different light. Not only tasty, but it is a wonderful meal to make you feel warm from the inside out.
4 tbsp ghee, divided
2 cups thinly sliced onions
2 cups chicken or beef bone broth
4 (227g/8oz) bone-in pork loin chops
½ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- Melt 2 tbsp ghee in a large skillet over medium heat to make the gravy. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the broth has reduced by nearly half, before removing the skillet from the heat.
- In the meantime, season the pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons ghee. Sauté the mushrooms for 6 minutes, or until brown. Season the mushrooms to taste with salt and pepper. Place the mushrooms in the skillet with the gravy, followed by the chops in the hot cast-iron skillet. Sear for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 7 to 10 minutes more, or until the internal temperature of the chops reaches 57°C/135°F (the temperature will rise after cooking). Allow the chops to rest for 8 minutes before serving.
- Serve the chops with the mushroom and onion gravy on a serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories83
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 798mg 34%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 0.8g
- Protein 11.8g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.