Our Sugo Bianco recipe contains chicken, cream cheese, pancetta (or bacon as a substitute). These, combined with the broth and garlic, make this dish an absolute delight to eat at any time. We know you will love it as much as we do. Go on, make some today, and have what we believe is a fantastic Italian meal. With 8 servings, this is for family and/or friends to enjoy.
¾ cup unsalted butter, divided
⅓ cup chicken bone broth
½ cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese (about 60g/ 2 oz)
57g (2oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
16oz (454g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into ½- inch-thick strips
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup diced red onions (about 1 medium)
113g (4oz) pancetta or bacon, diced (about ½ cup)
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
¾ cup sliced scallions (about 1 bunch)
1 batch Cabbage Pasta or Zoodles, for serving
1 small tomato, diced
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Make the sauce:
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 cup of the butter. Cook until light golden brown, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Reduce to a low heat and whisk in the broth, Asiago, and cream cheese. Allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes. The longer the sauce cooks, the more the flavours develop.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill to high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on all sides. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side, or until it is browned. Set aside after removing from the heat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Sauté the onions for 2 minutes, or until soft. Sauté the pancetta and garlic for 4 minutes more, or until the pancetta is crisp. To deglaze the pan, whisk in the heavy cream, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, in the skillet with the grilled chicken and
scallions. Incorporate the cheese sauce until well combined. Serve with zoodles or cabbage pasta. Garnish with diced tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes to reheat.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories282
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 4%
- Sodium 405mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 3.3g
- Protein 24.6g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.