Beef or Seafood? Why decide when you can have both!
2 (85g/3oz) filet mignons
Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
2 jumbo prawns or jumbo shrimp, shell-on, butterflied and deveined
2 tbsp keto fat of choice, for frying
¼ cup Easy Basil Hollandaise
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper on all sides. Allow for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the prawns with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the fat in a hot pan, then add the fillets and sear on both sides until done to your liking (see chart below).
- Remove the fillets from the skillet and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. While the fillets rest, cook the prawns in the same skillet until the shells are pink and the meat is cooked through and no longer translucent, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place a steak on each plate. Top with a prawn and drizzle with 2 tbsp hollandaise on each plate. This dish is best served immediately.
2 servings per container
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24%
- Sodium 1496mg 63%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 17.3g
- Protein 41.9g 84%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.