There’s something wonderful about eating a steak that’s cooked to perfection. Let’s make one with even more to offer when it comes with a blue cheese whip!
- FOR THE STEAK
1 (340g/12oz) T-bone steak, about ¾ inch thick
1¼ tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp keto fat, for frying
- FOR THE BLUE CHEESE WHIP
¼ cup heavy cream
10g (¼ oz) blue cheese, finely crumbled
⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper on all sides. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, then add the fat. Sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side when the pan is hot.
- Place the skillet in the oven to cook the steak until it is done to your liking, using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Make the blue cheese whip while the steak is resting: In a stand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in the blue cheese and salt until thoroughly combined. (Note: The whip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.)
- Serve each steak portion with 2 tbsp blue cheese whip.
- This dish is best served fresh, but any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories424
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 489mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.5g
- Protein 21.4g 43%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.