Often ordered and enjoyed as a takeaway, you can make this at home and treat yourself as often as you wish. We love a good sweet and sour chicken, and we know this recipe is simply the best that you can find, hugging the keto ideals as closely as possibe. Try it today and see why we love it.
1 cup coconut oil or bacon fat, for frying
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups powdered Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp ground black pepper
16oz (454g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized nuggets
½ cup Sweet-and- Sour Sauce, warmed
1 batch Cauliflower Fried Rice
Sliced scallions, for garnish
- In a 4-inch-deep (or deeper) cast-iron skillet over medium heat, heat the oil to 180°C/350°F. The oil should be 1 inch deep; if necessary, add more oil.
- To bread the chicken, place the eggs in a shallow baking dish and lightly beat with a fork. Combine the powdered Parmesan and pepper in a separate shallow baking dish. Dip a chicken nugget in the eggs and then in the cheese mixture. Coat each nugget thoroughly.
- Fry the nuggets in batches for about 5 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through, until the oil is hot.
- Brush the sauce over the fried chicken nuggets. Serve with rice and, if desired, garnish with scallions. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Place in a lightly greased skillet for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to reheat.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories155
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Trans Fat 0.3g
- Sodium 168mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 10.4g
- Protein 4.2g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.