A wonderful tasting stir fry that’s easy to make and will be enjoyed by all. We’ve found the perfect recipe to make a good authentic chop suey which we think you and your friends and family will enjoy time and time again. Why not give it a go and see how you fare?
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp fish sauce, divided
1 ½ tsp wheat-free tamari, or 2 tbsp coconut aminos
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp fine sea salt
454g/ 1 pound pork tenderloin or pork belly, cut crosswise into ⅛-inch-thick strips
2 tbsp avocado oil, divided, for frying
227g (8oz) bok choy, stems and leaves separated, then cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
113g (4oz) button or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch-thick strips, then halved crosswise
2 stalks celery, cut on the diagonal into ¼- inch-wide pieces
½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
1 (5oz) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
¼ cup chicken bone broth
3 tbsp Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
¼ tsp guar gum (optional, for thickening)
Ground black pepper
Scallions, sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
Zero-Carb Fried “Rice”
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine 1 tbsp fish sauce, tamari, garlic, ginger, and salt. Add the pork to the pan and coat with the marinade. Allow to marinate for 10 to 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. For 1 minute, stir-fry the bok choy stems, then add the bok choy leaves, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, celery, cucumber, and bamboo shoots. Season with salt and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes. Set aside after removing from the skillet.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the broth, the remaining 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, and the sweetener. If using, sift in the guar gum and whisk until well combined.
- In the skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Remove the pork from the marinade and discard it. Stir-fry the pork in the skillet for 2 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Whisk in the reserved vegetables and broth mixture. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. Garnish with scallions if desired. Over fried rice, serve. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. To reheat, heat
for 5 minutes in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories80
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 12%
- Sodium 28mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 7.9g
- Protein 1.3g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.