A Turkey isn’t just for Christmas or Thanksgiving! Try this amazing take on the bird who has the most. We’re sure you’ll be gobbling down loads of this tasty dish.
1 hour 20 minutes
2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1 green bell pepper, diced
½ cup diced onions
2 cloves garlic, smashed to a paste
227g (8oz) Mexican-style fresh (raw) chorizo, removed from casings
4 cups (¾-inch-cubed) leftover cooked turkey
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
1 tbsp paprika
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 (24oz/680g) jar fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 cups turkey or chicken bone broth
1 lime, halved
1 batch Mashed Fauxtatoes, for serving
Sour cream, for garnish
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, melt the ghee over mediumhigh heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the bell pepper and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Cook for 1 minute more after adding the garlic.
- Cook until the chorizo is cooked through, using a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage. Combine the turkey, spices, and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour in the tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until the liquid has reduced by a few inches and the stew has thickened. Squeeze the lime juice into the pot and give it a good stir.
- If necessary, taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle ofchopped chives on top of the fauxtatoes.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Warm in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly warmed.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories181
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4%
- Sodium 528mg 22%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 12.4g
- Protein 8.7g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.