what could be better than meatloaf? Turkey meatloaf. And cupcakes make it even better!
- FOR THE MEATLOAF
907g (2lbs) ground turkey
¾ cup finely chopped mushrooms
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup tomato sauce
1 large egg, beaten
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
- FOR THE GLAZE
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’- style sweetener
1 tsp onion powder
3 cups Mashed Fauxtatoes
Fresh parsley or oregano, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Combine the ground turkey, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, 12 cup tomato sauce, and beaten egg in a large mixing bowl. Combine the poultry seasoning, thyme, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 cup tomato sauce, mustard, sweetener, and onion powder.
- Fill each well in a standard-size 12-well muffin pan about three-quarters full with the meat mixture. Glaze the tops of each “cupcake.” Bake for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the cake reaches 70°C/160°F.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and place them on a serving tray. Place a spoonful of tomato sauce on top of each cupcake, followed by a dollop of mashed fauxtatoes. Garnish with fresh parsley or oregano if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories198
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Sodium 207mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 16.5g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.