A wonderfully tasty take of turkey and noodles that will have you wanting more. And why not have more!
2 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee (for cabbage noodles)
4 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage or raw spiral- sliced zucchini noodles
2 tsp fine sea salt (for zucchini noodles)
1 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee
1 cup sliced mushrooms
¼ cup diced leeks or onions
6 spears asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (tough ends trimmed)
1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste 113g (4oz) cream cheese (½ cup), softened
½ cup turkey or chicken bone broth
1 large egg, beaten
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp poultry seasoning
½ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
3 cups diced leftover cooked turkey Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease a 13 by 9-inch casserole dish.
- If making cabbage noodles, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the cabbage is very tender.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a colander over the sink and season with 2 teaspoon salt. Allow for 5 minutes of draining before squeezing out the excess liquid and salt. In a large cast-iron skillet, combine the noodles.
- In the meantime, melt 1 tbsp butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the asparagus is crisp-tender, with the mushrooms, leeks, and asparagus. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, broth, and egg. Combine this with the cabbage or zucchini noodles. Combine 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir until melted, but do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the turkey and asparagus mixture. Place the prepared casserole dish on top of the mixture. Lastly, top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and bubbly. If desired, garnish with parsley. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a baking dish for 5 minutes in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories543
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32%
- Sodium 701mg 30%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 29g 58%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.